Sick and tired of baking the same old pie? I had some left over apples this week and decided to make some easy caramel candy apples! This recipe will take less than 20 minutes and can be topped with any preferred toppings.
What you’ll need:
– 2 tablespoons of milk
– 1 package of individually wrapped caramels
– popsicle or lollipop sticks
– optional toppings: I used peanuts in this recipe
– parchment paper
1. Clean apples and place in freezer for 10 minutes
2. Unwrap caramel candies and place in microwave safe bowl. Add milk.
3. Microwave for one minute.
4. Take out and stir caramel and milk together. Place back in microwave for another minute.
5. Let mixture cool for 5 minutes.
6. While the caramel dip is cooling, take the apples out of the freezer. Take out stems and place lollipop or popsicle sticks into apple.
7. Holding the stick end, roll the apple around in the caramel dip until covered.
8. Optional: roll apples in peanuts.
9. Let cool in fridge on some parchment paper and enjoy!