The infamous smoothie bowl can be found through your social feed on the daily. And it really is that pretty and super easy to make! Get a healthy start to the weekend, and customize a bowl of your own with whatever you’d like in it! Not to mention they’ll be ready before you can even say ‘bacon + eggs!’. Just start with a few core ingredients.
What you’ll need (serves 1):
for the base: blend all together
– 1 cup frozen berries or strawberries/ fruits (I used 1 cup frozen strawberries)
– 1/2 cup of milk (I used almond milk, but you can use other liquids like juices)
– 1/2 cup plain yogurt
– 1 Tablespoon of a natural sweetner (I used some honey and maple syrup)
– 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
for the toppings:
– fresh sliced strawberries
– fresh blueberries
– 1 teaspoon chia seeds
– 1/4 granola with coconut shavings
Get creative and make your own by mixing and matching different flavours. Combine fruits and veggies for the base, add different liquids to replace the 1/2 cup of milk like juices or coconut water and top your smoothie bowls with nuts, hemp seeds, almonds, cereal, dates, etc. The combinations are endless and these easy smoothie bowls can be made for anyone and everyone!